Community Council Information
Schedules & Minutes
Meetings* are held in the Conference Room.
October 18, 2023
December 7, 2023
February 22, 2024
May 16, 2024
*Meetings can be rescheduled as needed.
**All meetings are open to the public & greater school community.
- Parent – Kim Anderson
- Parent – Sarah Stevens
- Parent – Allyson Luekenga
- Parent – Tami DeLeeuw
- School Employee – Morgan Thompson
- Principal – Brian Stevenson
If you are interested in becoming a member of the CCMS Community Council, please email Mr. Stevenson (principal) at email@example.com.
- Review school U-PASS data. U-PASS is a series of student tests. Councils should review group results but individual data should not be shared. Other assessments may also be reviewed
- Develop a School Improvement Plan
- Develop a School LAND Trust Plan
- Participate in the development of the Professional Development Plan
- Advise the school administration on local school issues
- Provide an opportunity for issues of concern in the community to be presented to the school administration
Elections for the Community Council take place each year in September. This is one of the many ways that we encourage our school community to become involved in the education process.
Links to Other Information
Why a Community Council?
Our School Community Council is primarily responsible for the creation of our School LAND Trust Plan. This plan is created annually by analyzing our school testing data to determine the greatest academic need. The money our school receives from the School LAND Trust fund is allocated according to our plan. Over the years our school has purchased technology for classrooms including calculators, document cameras, learning software, and additional COWs (computer on wheels). Each COW contains 40 Chromebook computers. These items have been used to enhance and support instruction using technology. Our school is grateful for the School LAND Trust program and the opportunity we have as a school to allocate the funds to support our targeted and specific needs. The Council assists with school improvement, and make decisions on how to best spend the Trust LANDS funding. More information regarding the work of the Council and the current plan can be found by visiting the School LAND Trust Website: School Land Trust